20110317

Trying film for a documentary and the inspirational talk by Stuart Whipps

Well I really wanted to shoot this documentary on film as I feel it gives a great feeling of nostalgia but I don't think I have the skills to make it a viable option..... judge for yourself


So below I have included my first shoot on my olympus OM10 using 35mm fujipro..... as you can see the film was failing to wind on properly, very frustrating.
With all the issues I had I would need to spend alot of time practicing with one of the film cameras but






A second shoot with Provia slide proved more successful, but I admit, with poor subject matter but I wasn't feeling too hopeful after the first shoot. I can't quite place my finger on it but although slide creates great colours there is something about it that doesn't work, I think its the highlights become blown easily and tend to wash out the images.




Mamiya RZ67 with light meter. I had great difficulty with this camera, its isn't as easy to use as a hasselblad and unlike a hasselblad it is possible to shoot with the darkslide still in the camera so this something that I kept forgetting to remove before firing the shutter! 






I would love to get this film work off the ground after seeing work by Stuart Whipps during his talk it really inspired me to try this type of work.


No comments:

Post a Comment